freetds - Re: PHP: Error handling broken

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: <lbayuk AT mindspring.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: PHP: Error handling broken
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:42:02 -0400 (EDT)

Brian Bruns wrote:

> The reset msg thing was in there to fix a mem leak. I've changed the
> behaviour to instead rely on the return code from tds_process_msg(). It
> should work now, feedback appreciated.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I also tried that fix and it didn't
work at all.

What happens now is rather ugly. It starts to fail perfectly good SQL
commands, reporting the error message from a previous failure. Looking at
the dump log, it seems like the client and server are out of sync:
the client is seeing the server's reply to the client's previous request.

I'll post more information to the list after I do some more tests.

  • Re: PHP: Error handling broken, lbayuk, 08/28/2002