freetds - RE: Strange conversion

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Strange conversion
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:31:10 -0400

Freddy,

My apologies - please ignore my previous replies on this issue!

Point 1.
--------
char to int conversion using cs_convert().
Sybase ctlib cs_convert DOES behave the same as the server side!
' - 13 ' does convert to -13
However, it's still true that our code wouldn't handle this in the same
way. atoi() would not like this input!

Point 2.
--------
bit conversions. I tried converting ' - 13 ' to BIT and it worked as
specified , i.e that (and I quote) "if the value being converted is not 0,
the bit value is set to 1; if the value is 0, the bit value is set to 0"
Sybase cs_convert() converted ' - 13 ' to 0x01

Apologies for misleading you. Now I have my program working properly(!)
I'll try out some other combinations.

Bill