freetds - Re: using sqsh to fetch an IMAGE column

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris Wesley <cwwesley AT udlug.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: using sqsh to fetch an IMAGE column
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 22:56:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Brian Bruns wrote:

> command or modify your freetds.conf to include the "text size = xxxx"
> option. MS SQL defaults to 4096 by default.

Thanks, Brian, that did the trick, as far as freetds goes, I believe. I
can see in the TDSDUMP that the source length is being set to the
appropriate file size, when I have text size set to a reasonable value.

I think I've hit a sqsh limitation too, though. sqsh still only gives me
the first 4K (actually 4095 bytes ... one byte shy of 4K) of the IMAGE
data. If anyone has any ideas about why that happens and/or how I can
change it, I'd appreciate hearing them.

THX,
~Chris