freetds - Re: problems running isql on sun 2.8

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jacob Skolnik <jacob.skolnik AT motorola.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: problems running isql on sun 2.8
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:46:46 -0500

OK, I was able to locate the gethost and add that library nsl and now it
started to
run. I thought I would go down a rathole of one undefined symbol to another
but at
least I can run the command.

Thanks anyway

jake

Jacob Skolnik wrote:

> Everything compiled fine but when I run isql I get relocation errors for
> undefined symbols:
>
> 100 > isql -v P450 root rootroot
> ld.so.1: isql: fatal: relocation error: file
> /_TOOLS_/dist/freetds-053/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/lib/libtdsodbc.so: symbol
> tds_alloc_login: referenced symbol not found
> Killed
>
> So I recompiled adding the -ltds and -L<lib path> to the make file and got:
>
> 102 > isql -v P450 root rootroot
> ld.so.1: isql: fatal: relocation error: file
> /_TOOLS_/dist/freetds-053/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/lib/libtds.so.0: symbol
> gethostbyname: referenced symbol not found
> Killed
>
> I am sure I got LD_LIBRARY_PATH set right when I built the tools
> (configure and make) and when I run the isql executable but the makefiles
> are missing much of the -l and -L switches I would of expected. One issue
> is that I do not install anything in /usr/local so each freeware has its
> own location.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jake
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [jacob.skolnik AT motorola.com]
begin:vcard
n:Skolnik;Jacob
tel;pager:5859025 AT skytel.com
tel;cell:847 567 1119
tel;fax:847 523 7618
tel;home:847 991-1932
tel;work:847 523-8548
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:SPS - WBSG - WITC;Tool support organization
version:2.1
email;internet:jacob.skolnik AT motorola.com
title:IC Design Automation Manager
adr;quoted-printable:;;MS: 3E=0D=0A1000 Technology Way;Libertyville;IL;60067;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Jacob Skolnik
end:vcard