freetds - Re: apache can't start after successful apache/php/freetds- build

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "jay" <jsoucy AT mos.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: apache can't start after successful apache/php/freetds- build
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:24:40 -0400

> Ok, a 5 minute google search yields this.
>
> __eprintf() is an internal gcc function that gets linked into the
> executable (it's used by the assert function). So, since this is a shared
> lib, it is not compiled in to libsybdb.so but instead into the final
> executable (apache). My guess is that different compilers were used for
> compiling freetds/php/apache somewhere along the line? If not, write back
> and we'll dig deeper.

I was thinking the same thing, so I went back and rebuilt freetds, apache,
& php. Here's what I did:

freetds
CC=gcc ./configure; make; make install

apache
CC=gcc ./configure --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max
--enable-module=ssl; make; make install

php
CC=gcc ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
--with-sybase=/usr/local/freetds --with-mysql; make; make install

Same error!

-Jay