freetds - RE: apache can't start after successful apache/php/free tds build

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: apache can't start after successful apache/php/free tds build
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:21:14 -0400

Jay,

I think the advice you found about modifying php_sybase_db.c is not helping.
I suggest you return to the unhacked version.

You're trying to use FreeTDS's db-lib, yes? The library definitely exports
DBSETLCHARSET:

$ nm src/dblib/.libs/libsybdb.so.1.0 |grep DBSET
000054c8 T DBSETLAPP
000053fc T DBSETLCHARSET
000054a0 T DBSETLHOST
00005424 T DBSETLPACKET
00005450 T DBSETLPWD
00005478 T DBSETLUSER

I bet if you run "nm" against libphp4.so, you'll see:

00000000 T DBSETLCHARSET

meaning the runtime linker has to resolve the symbol by finding and loading
libsybdb.so. It sounds like it's not doing that (that's the gnashing of
teeth you're hearing).

Did you use any --prefix with ./configure when building FreeTDS? Where are
the FreeTDS libraries installed? And are you sure ldconfig is happy?

Might as well interrogate the usual suspects before investigating a
conspiracy. Of course, they'll never put me in charge of the FBI with that
kind of attitude. :)

Regards,

--jkl

P.S. IMO, you're better off not trimming the pertinent information in your
replies. It's easier for someone reading it to skip over what he knows than
to look up what he doesn't in your other messages.

  • RE: apache can't start after successful apache/php/free tds build, Lowden, James K, 07/03/2002