freetds - Re: Patches

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Patches
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:48:30 -0400

> function()
> {
> THREAD_SAFE_BUFFER
> vars;
> }

I'm hoping we can do something a little more.....intuitive? I look at
this and immediately wonder where I'm supposed to find this macro, go look
it up, debug it. Complex macros are prone to error and a pita to debug
too. I like using _REENTRANT (which i think the compiler is supposed to
handle, yes?). I would prefer creating a file called threads.c (or
whatever) with a call like tds_localtime() that encapsulates all the
#ifdef'ing so it's not in the mainline code but we're not in macro hell
either. (localtime is a bad example as the code around it is ifdef'd all
to hell already anyway).

> Very nice, less is less. I hope Brian agrees. If he does, would you put
> together a patch? I don't see why it couldn't be included in 0.60, except
> that feeping creaturism leads to delays. If we don't have a release pretty
> darn soon, I'm going to start holding my breath!

I'm putting out a pre1 checkpoint tonight. Let's come up with a list of
all the outstanding patches and then decide what should go in or wait
after that. I hate that some of the patches having been waiting so long
already, we should at least get an answer to these folks of when they can
expect the patches (hint guys, small patches go in easier than big
patches...if you can manage. Big patches are likely to wait on the shelf
until i have a free afternoon, which hasn't been happening lately and when
it does i go for the most compelling stuff (bcp!) first). Sorry, i wish i
had more time right now, but i don't. :-/

Brian