freetds - Re: Certain query results cause segfaults

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Darryl Friesen <Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Certain query results cause segfaults
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:22:12 -0600

> How do I use 'set textsize' and what is it's function? Thanks,

>From the Microsoft SQL Server Books Online: SET TEXTSIZE: "Specifies the
size of text and ntext data returned with a SELECT statement". That is, it
specifies an upper limit on the data returned from a text column.

I use it like this

$sql = "SET TEXTSIZE 32768\nSELECT * FROM SomeTableWithTextColumns";
$result = sybase_query( $sql );

- Darryl

Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca
Education & Research Technology Services, http://gollum.usask.ca/
Department of Computing Services,
University of Saskatchewan
"Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes"