freetds - RE: dblib problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: dblib problem
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:52:04 -0500

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:59:26 -0700 (MST) "Steven J. Backus"
<backus AT math.utah.edu> wrote:

> > 1. If your query is reduced to "select cast(null as int) as A union
> > select 1 order by A desc", do you get the same behavior?
>
> 'cast' is not a recognized built-in function name.

Oh. Sybase? OK, I was just trying something I thought was simple. How
about "select 1 as A union select NULL order by A desc"? That should
(not) work.

> > 2. Does dbsetnull() do anything useful for you?
>
> Any idea on the syntax or can you point me to something to read?

Unfortunately, it's not implemented, as Brian points out. But it's a good
idea to know where the online docs are, so here goes:

http://manuals.sybase.com:80/onlinebooks/group-cn/cng1250e/dblib/@ebt-link;nh=1;pt=1727?target=%25N%15_36280_START_RESTART_N%25;;__next_hit__=7748;DwebQuery=dbsetnull

Easier to remember, go to:

http://sybooks.sybase.com/middleware.html

Choose "Open Client/Server", followed by "Open Client DB-Library/C
Reference Manual" and search for dbsetnull.