freetds - RE: Select from varchar not returning more than 256chars

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Select from varchar not returning more than 256chars
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 02:37:50 -0500

Brian Bruns wrote:

> jkl, how about adding something like this to the FAQ?

Brian,

I have updated the FAQ, muchly.

http://www.freetds.org/faq.html#Why is my TDS protocol wrong

The hard-coded numbering scheme is gone; some of the ancient stuff is
gone. I rearranged some of the questions into what I think is a more
logical order, and replaced some answers with advice to see the UG.

Not being an HTML maven, I don't know if "Why is my TDS protocol wrong",
with its embedded spaces, is a kosher anchor name. If it causes any
grief, I'll do the right thing, whatever that is.

Just after checking it into CVS, I noticed the version on the web site
was *not* the latest prior version in CVS. I plopped my new Q & A into
your fine new page structure, completely overwriting anything after
"<!-- page specific content>". Checked that in, posted it. Hope it's
OK.

I think there are a few outstanding issues with the FAQ, but I confess
my listkeeping is undermanaged. One item is the whole priority/coalesce
logic for freetds.conf. If anyone has other suggestions (new or
forgotten), I'd appreciate hearing about them.

Regards,