freetds - "committing" from Perl and PHP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Vereshagin <pyotr AT pisem.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: "committing" from Perl and PHP
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:26:43 +0400

I'm gonna sorry to make you worry:)
I used free TDS 0.51 and 0.53 to connect from linux rh6.2 with several updates to MS SQL 2000
I saw nice results on SELECTs (I don't consider a problem that, say, datetime fields were truncated - cast( x as varchar) always rocked)
But recently I tried to change the tables and met a trouble that neither INSERT nor UPDATE statement do not their job until either the script dies or the connection breaks. So the next statements run at well errorcodes but nothing changes in tables after other than the first statement sent via mssql connection.
I did said --with-tdsver=7.0 while configuring my Makefile for both 0.51 and 0.53. Maybe some other option I forgot?
Thanks anyway:)

  • "committing" from Perl and PHP, Peter Vereshagin, 01/29/2002