freetds - Re: dberrhandle error message

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris Eleveld <ihermit2 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: dberrhandle error message
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 18:38:35 -0800 (PST)

This is a similar problem as I had, And also part of
the ANSIfication stuff.

you can fix it in you code by adding a cast:
dberrhandle((int (*)())syb_err_handler);
or by changing sybdb.h to have dberrhandle()
prototyped:
extern EHANDLEFUNC dberrhandle(EHANDLEFUNC);

--- Christopher Graham <cjgraham AT tachegroup.com>
wrote:
> I am upgrading some code to the latest version of
> FreeTDS and I am pulling my hair out over the
> following error. My code looks like the unitest
> t0001 which builds fine in the freetds tree, but
> when I compile my code I get the following:
>
> cannot convert `int (*) (DBPROCESS *, int, int, int,
> char *, char *)' to `int (*) ()' for argument `1' to
> `dberrhandle (int (*) ())'
>
> dbinit();
>
> dberrhandle(syb_err_handler);
>
> login = dblogin();
>
> Which looks just like line 54 in t0001.c
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as:
> [ihermit2 AT yahoo.com]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')