freetds - RE: Seg fault on mssql_connect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mikael Gunnarsson" <mikael AT ports.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Seg fault on mssql_connect
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:37:44 +0100

I found when using FreeTDS and Perl against an SQL Server 6.5 that if I
specified the database name in the connection string my program would
segfault. However, connecting without specifying a database and then
executing a 'use <database>' query works. Perhaps not as efficient, but
it avoids the segfault.