freetds - Re: Could not find Database parameter, SQLSTATE=08001

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Paivi Salonen" <SalonenP AT scc-fl.com>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Could not find Database parameter, SQLSTATE=08001
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:03:23 -0500

a bit misleading for sure :). i am assuming the server name does not need to
be a valid dns name.. but a defined servername from freetds.conf?

Paivi

>>> camber AT ais.org 11/30/01 02:42PM >>>
The Servername parameter (Servername = IVR2) is missing from your odbc.ini
file. Unfortunately, the error message is a bit misleading (I didn't do
it!). I'll see about fixing it.

Brian

> i have compiled freetds with these parameters:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --with-iodbc=/usr/local/iodbc
> --with-dbmfix --with-tdsver=4.2
>
> i have also tried without the dbmfix and tdsver but received the same
> results
>
> the server is redhat7.1 connecting to mssql running on windows 2000. i can
> use iodbc drivers but they dont support unicode. so i decided to give
> freetds a try.
>
> with iodbc's odbctest script i can see the dsn list and connect to the
> sample JDBC.. but for some reason neither of our mssql servers is
> responding, instead i get "Could not find Database parameter,
> SQLSTATE=08001"
>
> freetds.conf looks like this:
> [IVR2]
> host = 192.168.11.8
> tds version = 7.0
> try server logins = yes
> port = 1433
>
> the rest of the stuff is in odbc.ini:
> [IVR2]
> Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
> #Host = 192.168.11.8
> Database =catalog
> FetchBufferSize = 99
> UID = username
> PWD = password
> Trace = no
>
> The question is, what am i doing wrong?
>
> Paivi

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [salonenp AT scc-fl.com]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
leave-freetds-138608L AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

  • Re: Could not find Database parameter, SQLSTATE=08001, Paivi Salonen, 11/30/2001