freetds - Re: SELECT BINARY_CHECKSUM(*) FROM TABLE ...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: SELECT BINARY_CHECKSUM(*) FROM TABLE ...
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:07:24 +1100

Curt Hagenlocher wrote:
> The function requires SQL Server 2000.

Aha, okay, thanks.

The reason this has come up is that we need to create a PHP form that
does what a closed source Win32 UI does, and we wanted to determine what
changes are made by the older program. We had thought to just take
checksums of everything and test after a transaction. Are there better
ways to find out what this mystery program does to the database?

--
James Cameron