freetds - Re: Segmentation Fault in freetds when used under mod_perl all versions tested

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault in freetds when used under mod_perl all versions tested
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:34:03 -0600

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:24:17AM -0800, Noydb Noydb wrote:
> I agree nothing to do with DBD::Sybase.
> I am absolutly sure it is not the problem!

> Infact since I can execute the exact same perl script under apache ot using
> regular perl cgi without failure. Leads me to believe that the mod_perl
> compliation requires special parameters to be compatible with freetds (as in
> php requirements). What those are I cannot figure out I have tried several
> different combinations.

In PHP, these conflicts usually result from compiling against DB-Lib
while dbm is also being used. However, it looks like DBD::Sybase links
against the CT-Lib API, so there shouldn't be a conflict there.

So I still put my money on something being linked wrong. It could even
be a completely unrelated library that's running in the Apache process
space. Do you have any other perl modules that are being loaded under
mod_perl on this server, or any other Apache modules that are in memory
(besides the ones that ship with Apache)?

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer