freetds - Re: db-lib & ct-lib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "'JKL at home'" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • Subject: Re: db-lib & ct-lib
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:05:00 -0500

I'll look after it, Brian.

My 2 cents:

If someone else wrote the software you're compiling, someone else made the
choice.

If you're not going to use dbm or something else that introduced namespace
issues, use dblib. It's the Volkwagen Beetle of interfaces: simple,
durable, efficient.

In 15 years in and around databases, I've never wished dblib did something
it doesn't.

--jkl