freetds - Port 4000 used for connection attempt - no matter what the actual setting is

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Robert Tuttle" <kingtut AT tuttleweb.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Port 4000 used for connection attempt - no matter what the actual setting is
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:45:46 -0500

Using RH Linux 6.2, unixODBC (w/isql), and FreeTDS-0.53pre1, always
getting a dump file entry of:

2001-11-06 20:36:14 Connecting addr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 4000
(hidden IP address, it is the correct one though).

No matter where I set the communication information (server, port) it
still comes up trying to connect ot port 4000.

- I tried using the freetds.conf file:
[Foo]
host = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
port = 1433
tds version = 4.2

- I tried using interfaces file also:
[Foo]
query tcp 4.2 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1433

Don't have the time to get into CVS to get latest snapshot and this is not
a high priority for me right now, so should I wait until the next .53
release to try again, or is this a known issue with a quick fix somewhere?

Thanks.