freetds - Core Dumping Solution on FreeTDS-0.53pre1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Johnny Elliott" <JWE AT homeaccess.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Core Dumping Solution on FreeTDS-0.53pre1
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:06:00 -0500

I have been having problems with the FreeTDS-0.53 Dumping Core. I
narrowed it done to the code trying to execute the function strlen() on
NULL pointers (In my case, the password field was blank causing the code
to assign NULL to the password variable).

I just added the following line to the tds.h file in the
freetds-0.53/include directory:

#define strlen(a) (( a == NULL) ? 0 : strlen(a))

Everything else seems to handle the NULL pointers correctly, so I made no
other changes.