freetds - 0.53pre1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: 0.53pre1
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:24:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I've tagged CVS and created the first pre-release tarball for 0.53

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/freetds-0.53pre1.tgz

This is going to be primarily a bug fix release, as my time has recently
become quite limited (all my projects are sufferring, not just
freetds). The one notable new feature is that TDS 7.0 is working on big
endian (Sparc, LinuxPPC) platforms. One can also emulate little endian
mode for TDS 4.2 by setting 'emulate little endian = yes' in the
freetds.conf file. This is useful for the broken date/money problems
experienced on Sparc. There is a very small performance cost for doing
all this byte swapping.

It you have bugs, this is the time to submit them. If you submitted them
and they are not fixed in pre1, please submit them again. I seem to have
a penchant for managling releases, so if you want a good release this
time, test, test, test.

Thanks,

Brian

  • 0.53pre1, Brian Bruns, 09/27/2001