freetds - jtds: Stored Procedures

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Schörk, Andreas" <andreas.schoerk AT infor.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: jtds: Stored Procedures
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:00:26 +0200

Hello,
me attracted most at this driver, the creation and usage of stored
procedures since this feature leads to a great speed up
of queries returning small resultsets. I know that some ERP-Systems working
with SQL-Server do this the same way.
A pity is, that here the procedurecache ist connected to the statement and
not really to the TDS-Stream. Therefore the reusing
of procedures is not done very much, especially if you use a program that
likes to create statements very often.
So therefore I put the procedurecache into the tds-Stream and hashed it with
the actual statement which is prepared.
You have to keep in mind the rollbacks, and the current usage of parameters,
but I am using this for some month and the speedup
is tremendous.
I am interested in your opinions.
Andreas

  • jtds: Stored Procedures, Schörk, Andreas, 08/24/2001