freetds - Re: java.sql.SQLException on Connection creation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: java.sql.SQLException on Connection creation
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:12:56 -0700

"Greg Chakmakian" <gregchak AT mac.com> writes:

> Every time it fails on the "Connection" line. Below is the error:
>
> java.sql.SQLException
> at
> com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Constructors.newConnection
(Constructors.java:305)
> at com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Driver.connect(Driver.java:257)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)

The curious thing here is that I can't find a version of FreeTDS
that *has* a line 305 of Constructors.java. Where did you get the
driver? What version of the JVM are you using? Does this reproduce
outside of the JSP environment?

Is there some reason (security or otherwise) that reflection wouldn't
work in your environment?

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org