freetds - Re: Not able to connect to SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brent L Johnson" <brent AT bjohnson.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Not able to connect to SQL Server
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 00:47:40 -0700

I'm connecting to a SQL Server 7 just fine. The only different I see in the
original code posted is the database connection string... here is the code
I'm using to connect:

Class.forName("com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Driver");
Connection dbconn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:freetds://torpedo/websecurity;TDS=7.0",
"user", "password");

Try this and let me know if it helps!

- Brent