freetds - 0.52 tagged in CVS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: 0.52 tagged in CVS
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:25:01 -0400 (EDT)

Well, I haven't heard anything negative about 0.52pre2, so I've placed the
tag R0_52 on the files in CVS.

I'll be getting tarballs, rpms, release notes, and stuff together in the
next few days, but for the impatient you can pull it from CVS now.

Now, a question regarding the RPM builds, and one of the reasons that
binaries suck, we have a few possible options for what to do with ODBC.

1) don't distribute ODBC drivers
2) build against iODBC
3) build against unixODBC
4) distribute multiple RPMs

What's the story on the .deb side?

Not only that but do I configure for working around the dbm conflict or
no? I'd like to make the RPMs useful to as wide an audience as possible,
but I'm dreading making more than 1 or 2 rpms.

Brian