freetds - Re: How to read Strings bigger than 255 chars

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Darryl Friesen" <Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: How to read Strings bigger than 255 chars
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:56:04 -0600

> >> Eric, if you issue the query "set textsize 10000" prior to selecting
> >> the text column does that also fix the problem?
> >
> > Yes it does! If I just do:
>
> Hmm. Doesn't work for me here. I still get a

Wait, it does work! I'm just to stupid to live. Guess you have to put the
"set textsize" into the query that actually gets executed, not a test one
that's commented out. Oops.

Now that everything is up and running under TDS 7.0, I'm having one last
strange problem. In my SQL Server database, I'be got a "bit" field with
"Allow NULLs" checked off. When I attemnpt to include this field in a
SELECT query, something is spitting out the following in my Apache error_log
file:

Attempting to convert unknown source type 104

Anyone know if this is FreeTDS or DBD::Sybase?

Thanks again,

- Darryl