freetds - Re: syntax for jdbc callable statement with MSSQL

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: syntax for jdbc callable statement with MSSQL
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:01:18 -0800

> I have been trying to use the jdbc callable statement with MSSQL and
> have not gotten it to work.

I had to make changes to freetds_jdbc in order for callable statements
to work correctly. (My version can be downloaded from
http://www.hagenlocher.org/software/freetds_jdbc.zip)

> CallableStatement cs = connection.prepareCall
> ("estore_view_item_sizes ?");

According to the JDBC standard, this should really be
"{call estore_view_item_sizes[(?)]}", but that doesn't seem
to work with the ODBC-JDBC bridge either. The ODBC standard would
require this to be "{call estore_view_item_sizes(?)}", but I haven't
tried that yet.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org