freetds - Timestamp fields

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tim Uckun <tim AT diligence.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Timestamp fields
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:05:37 -0700

I just wanted to let you know that freetds still seems to suffer from flakiness when dealing with timestamp fields in PHP 4.04.
I tried it with both tdsver=4.2 and 7.0.

In a nutshell any query which contains a timestamp field causes weirness. Sometimes it segfaults, other times php gives strange error messages filled with non ascii characters.

It does not matter if you attempt to actually do anything with the contents of the timestamp field as long as it's in the query someplace it freaks out.

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered the risks of a bad hire.

  • Timestamp fields, Tim Uckun, 03/28/2001