freetds - freetds and Sql Server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rick Guggemos" <guggemos AT nortelnetworks.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: freetds and Sql Server 2000
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:12:39 -0500

Title: freetds and Sql Server 2000

I have been able contact to a Sql Server 7.x database with good success.

However, when I contact to a Sql Server 2000 database, I can:

2) Get my "select" statement prepped

but I try to execute the statement and get the results, I get the following exception thrown:

java.sql.SQLWarning: Unicode data in a Unicode-only collation or ntext data cannot be sent to clients using DB-Library (such as ISQL) or ODBC version 3.7 or earlier.

Has anyone seen this??

Has Microsoft changed this release so much that freetds will not work?

Has anyone found a parameter / static variable, etc, that needs to be reset?

Rick