freetds - Re: Problems with floats with php/mssql 7

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gerry <gerry AT ship-to-order.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Problems with floats with php/mssql 7
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:43:04 -0700

I had a similar problem. When I looked at the code and compared the functions tds_process_result() and tds7_process_result() I found that the following was lacking from the tds7 version:

if (is_numeric_type(curcol->column_type)) {
info->row_size += sizeof(TDS_NUMERIC) + 1;
}

I posted the bug on here and someone told me the patch had already been submitted but perhaps it's still just in the CVS archive. It comes right after this line in that function:

curcol->column_offset = info->row_size;

Regards,

Gerry

Myers Carpenter wrote:

Another intresting problem: When I SELECT a float column (actually I'm "SELECT *"'ing the whole table, which include floats.) I get "12" where the value in the database is "123".
This is using TDS 7.0 (specified in the interface file) talking to a MS SQL 7sp2 database.

Any ideas?
myers

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [gerry AT ship-to-order.com]