freetds - Re: GETDATE() Problems with MSSQL7-SP2 and Freetds 0.51 and Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: GETDATE() Problems with MSSQL7-SP2 and Freetds 0.51 and Solaris
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:49:59 -0500 (EST)

SQL Server 7.0 GA and SP1 had broken date handling from big endian
machines....A patch was applied to work around it. Unfortunately it is
fixed in SP2, but there is no way to tell the difference between them.
So if you look in convert.c you'll see a section of code that looks like:

if (major_ver==7) {
tds->broken_dates=1;
}

just comment that out and recompile and you should be set. However it
should be noted that you will now have broken date handling on SQL 7
servers < SP2.

Cheers,

Brian