freetds - Re: DBD::Sybase and dynamic SQL (? markers)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase and dynamic SQL (? markers)
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 08:11:53 -0800 (PST)

Tom Samplonius writes:

> Whenever I try to use DBD::Sybase and FreeTDS 0.51 and dynamic SQL
> (prepare() and execute() methods), I get a warning that the server does
> not support ? style dynamic SQL. This is strange, since I'm sure the
> servers that I'm using support dynamic SQL. Or perhaps FreeTDS does
> implement the dynamic SQL functions yet?
>
> I've been using FreeTDS 0.51 vs. Sybase 11.0.3.3 and MS-SQL 6.5.

There are several issues.

First, dynamic SQL is only supported for TDS version 5 (for Sybase)
and for TDS version ?? (but not 4.2) for MS-SQL.

Second, I don't think that FreeTDS implements the
ct_dynamic()/ct_param()/ct_dyndesc() etc functions that are needed for
this (yet).

Michael
--
Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - mpeppler AT peppler.org
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler - mpeppler AT mbay.net - AIM MPpplr