freetds - RE: your email message

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: your email message
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:28:47 -0500 (EST)

On Linux, the libtcl.a library is named libsybtcl.a to keep it from
conflicting with TCL's libtcl....anyway, that's not the real problem. The
real issue is that FreeTDS (ctlib) has but one library libct, Sybase's
OpenClient has libct, libcs, libcomn, libintl, libblk, libtcl (or
libsybtcl). So the additional libraries need to be removed from the PHP
makefiles. Somebody had a patch to do that, you may want to search the
archives. (Sorry I don't remember the name offhand, but if they want to
re-send that patch to me, I'll put it on the website). Otherwise, just
hand edit them out.

Brian

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Westerdale, John wrote:

> When I compile PHP, (on SGI Irix 6.5.9m on Origin 200), I run across the
> following:

[snip]