freetds - Re: FreeTDS under VMS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS under VMS
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:10:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Ruslan R. Laishev wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I wrote "ISQL-like" progs for test purpose, I suspect that it
> will be more useful than t0001.c or t0002.c from distribution kit.
> :-) For VMS users descrip.mms is provided.
>
> I removed VMS specific stuff, and this progs supposed to be
> portable to *ix platform.
>
> http://www.dls.net/~laishev/

Thanks. If you really want it to be useful beyond your own environment,
you might want to consider the following enhancements:

1. Add a makefile
2. Lowercase the filenames (to match the #include statements; VMS
isn't case-sensitive, but *n*x is)
3. Pack up the source into a single (possibly compressed) archive.
4. Echo a usage statement instead of dumping core when the expected
environment variables are not set.
5. Add a README file.

--
Bob Kline