freetds - Re: Catch a Null value

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Kevin Lyons <kevin AT nol.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Catch a Null value
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:29:58 -0500

"Ruslan R. Laishev" wrote:

> Hi All!
> Still have a question:"how to catch null values" ?
> Is there someone from developers at all ?
>
> Ruslan R. Laishev wrote:
> >
> > Hi All!
> > Is there any flag in the TDSCOLINFO which shows the Null value ?

There is, in the tds layer, a function called tds_get_null that returns
1 if the column is NULL, 0 if otherwise.

Example:
if (tds_get_null(tds->res_info->current_row, col) == 1) {
/* we've got a null value so handle accordingly */
}

--
Give a man a fire and he's warm for one night, but set a man on fire and
he's