freetds - vxworks success!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Dennis N." <nicklaus AT crusher.fnal.gov>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: vxworks success!
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:49:32

I was able to successfully build freetds 0.5 for vxWorks.
However, it pretty much did require creating the makefiles by hand
in order to get what I want. It wasn't particularly hard,
I just used the Makefiles generated by configure, then editted
them to put in the required vxworks stuff and give them
very simple library targets.
I added these new "simple library targets" so the makefiles compile the
sources (*.c in, for example, src/dblib) into .o files, then "ar" the
.o files into a .a file, and this worked just fine.
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to merge this in with autoconf/
automake right now to make it more a permanent part of the whole package.

One other note:
Under sun-solaris, I did find that building the samples/ executables
(cttest and dbtest), they require that you add a -lsocket
to the link line, otherwise they work OK.

  • vxworks success!, Dennis N., 08/30/2000