freetds - logging

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "bill dossett" <bd AT emtex.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: logging
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 8:18:46

Hi... sorry if this is a stupid question, I may not be going about
this the right way. I am developing a web app that acesses a database
using apache, tomcat, freetds_jdbc. The pages were generated by
dreamweaver ultradeve and are a bit of nightmare to debug as I
can't always write messages to html as the variables that I need
aren't there at the right times... so, I noted in the java.sql
DriverManager, that there was a println that should write to
the drivers log... I also noted that there is a Logger.java
in the freetds_jdbc code and would appear to write to a log
file out.log. I have tried writing strings to the log,
but I have searched my system and can't find any evidence
of this file, so am not sure if I have to do something more
to turn the logging on?
Thanks
Bill