freetds - NetBSD, dblib, and TDS 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: NetBSD, dblib, and TDS 7.0
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:12:11 -0400

Title: NetBSD, dblib, and TDS 7.0

Hello all,

I've installed the TDS 0.5 package on NetBSD, and have successfully connected to a Sybase server.  I'm now trying to connect to MS SQL Server 7.0, and am getting the dreaded "Unknown token !!" error.  In the samples, "dbtest" fails with this error (and never exits); "tdstest" succeeds without complaint.  (I did modify them to use my server and query).

I attempted to pass the --with-tdsver=7.0 flag into the make, and it didn't complain, but I don't know how to check if it had the desired effect.  I've written code for 15 years, but I'm new to the NetBSD environment.

        Is my particular constellation of software known to work?

If it is, how do I check that my build is properly configured?

If it's either not known to work or known not to work, I'm happy to turn on the logging/debugging features and work my way through it, but apparently there's more involved than just modifying the source in "work/freetds/src/tds" and typing "make install" again.  If someone wouldn't mind holding my hand through some of the basics, I might be of some use.

Thanks in any case.