freetds - RE: [JDBC] 0x79 packet, upgraded, then got fatal er ror. - update

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Camilleri, Paul (P.S.)" <pcamill2 AT ford.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [JDBC] 0x79 packet, upgraded, then got fatal er ror. - update
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:57:30 -0400

> Your jar file is corrupt...
> Try download using GetRight, or other software (GoZilla, DAP, etc).

Gotcha, thanks! I re DL'ed it with a differnt client - now it compiles, and
runs, but...

I'm still getting the exception thrown when I try to execute the query.

Specifically:

"Protocol confusion. Got a 0x79 packet"

I'm not getting it occasionally, I get it every time. Is it possible that
it's because my syntax is wrong for the stored procedure, or should I not be
using the stmt.executeQuery() to invoke it?

Is there any sample code someone could point me to? I want to get a full
resultSet back from a stored procedure, not just a single item, and any code
I've seen seems to be executing updates through a stored procedure, not a
query with multiple results like I need to do.

Again, thanks for any help...

Paul

  • RE: [JDBC] 0x79 packet, upgraded, then got fatal er ror. - update, Camilleri, Paul (P.S.), 07/26/2000