freetds - JDBC Problems (maybe)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <richter AT viaapia.com.br>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: JDBC Problems (maybe)
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 20:13:46 -0300

I'm using FreeTDS with JDK 1.3 and MSSQL Server 7.0

My MSSQL Server 7.0 are compiling stored procedures that make access to
tables that does not exist (is it normal???), and if I try to use this stored
procedure using ISQL/w, MSSQL Server reports error, but when using FreeTDS no
Exception is trown (only execute returns false).

What's the problem? Is the protocol TDS 7 different? Or it's a real problem
into FreeTDS???

(IMHO, MSSQL Server should not make possible compile a Stored Procedure that
references a table that does not exist, but... MSSQL is Microsoft, then...;-)

TIA

Edson Richter

  • JDBC Problems (maybe), Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter, 07/17/2000