freetds - tds_process_row_tokens

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jeff Holden" <jeff AT holdenz.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: tds_process_row_tokens
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 5:43:55

Narrowed a problem I have been having with the tds_process_row_tokens call
to tds_process_end() called when/if case TDS_DONE_TOKEN: case
TDS_DONEPROC_TOKEN: case TDS_DONEINPROC_TOKEN: arrives.

The problem is it blows up.. 100% gone..

The interesting thing is, during my debugging stages, I added a simple
logging function right before the tds_process_end() which simply appended
to a file stating "B4 tds_process_end()" then directly after the call I
wrote to the file again "After tds_process_end()"

(This is how I traced the crash down.. Until I narrowed it to this
section)

With the extra time it takes to write to the file, the operation works
perfect! I remove my file write calls and it instantly starts crashing
again...

Some kind of timing issue going on, flushing?

Simple log of fopen fprintf fclose -- nothing special..

Tds 4.2
FreeBSD 4.0 STABLE
Dual 400mhz

  • tds_process_row_tokens, Jeff Holden, 07/04/2000