freetds - Re: a big problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: David G.Powers <Dave AT SalesMountain.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu> <LYR104385-64461-2000.06.29-04.02.48--Dave#SalesMountain.com AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: a big problem
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:19:59 GMT

My advise is to slow down and don't panic. FreeTDS will allow you to get
at your MSSQL Server data from the linux box.

The setup instructions are all in the INSTALL & README files. You'll
find some pointers in the FAQ at www.freetds.org Heed the advice to pick
up the latest CVS version in lieu of the 0.5 "release".

DP

On 6/29/00, 12:03:04 AM, "Andrius Lokotash" <andrius AT et.ee> wrote regarding
[freetds] a big problem:

> Hi all.

> It's probably a stupid question, but we hawe used up all ouer resources
> trying to fix it.
> The picture is following;

> Network setup:

> We hawe 3 mashines, each is doing it's putpose, 1 Linux system with php4
> working as webserver, 1 SUN netra working as database server
(oracle,mysql)
> and 1 Windows NT server running MS SQL 7.

> The need;

> We need to be abel access the SUN and NT machines database from Linux PC
> thru PHP, as we hawe discovered, the PHP official line is: MS SQL IS ONLY
> SUPPORTED ON NT OS.
> While we surfed the net to find solution, we discovered free TDS, and
found
> comments that this solution fully works, so we started to try it.

> The problem;

> After firs compilation with php and apache (witch was fully succesful, no
> errors) we run small script, it tryed just to establish database
connection
> (mssql_connec), the result was totaly emty page and message in the log:
> segementation fault.
> So we replased 4.2 version with 7.0.
> Well, the only good to come from it was that there was no segmentation
> faults, but instead, php reports bad password etc and in the logfile we
> found curious error: no route to host, while we hawe access to it, tested
> with telnet.

> Since on of the projects is mission critical, and we need solution pretty
> bad, i will apriciate any help i can get....

> Thanx

> Andrius Lokotash
> R&D Manager

> Estonian Telephone
> IP Services

> work: andrius AT et.ee

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: Dave AT SalesMountain.com
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')

  • a big problem, Andrius Lokotash, 06/29/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: a big problem, David G . Powers, 06/29/2000
    • Re: a big problem, Geoff Winkless, 06/29/2000