freetds - Output parameters problems

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <richter AT viaapia.com.br>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Output parameters problems
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 12:17:54 -0300

Can anyone send me a sample using a CallableStatement, using a prepareCall(
String ).

I'm using this to call a StoredProcedure, but the statement fails when I call
execute (always returns false), and output parameters are not modified.

My code is:

String proceed = new String( "N" );
cl = cn.prepareCall( "PR_Login ?, ?, ? OUT " );
cl.setString( 1, username );
cl.setString( 2, password );
cl.setString( 3, proceed );

boolean result = cl.execute( );

The variable proceed have their value not modified to S
My stored Procedure was created with the following script:

create procedure PR_Login (@username varchar(15), @password varchar(15),
@proceed char(1) output)
AS

select @proceed = 'S'