freetds - freetds, perl, and terminating nulls

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Byron Jones <byron AT vianet.net.au>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: freetds, perl, and terminating nulls
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:24:20 +0800

greetings,

i've been playing with freetds quite a bit.

i've using the latest version compiled as tdsver 4.2 connecting to a mssql7 database (docs said this wouldn't work, but it does!). i'm using dbi/dbd-sybase perl to connect.

what i've noticed is freetds is returning results as null terminated strings, which causes problems if they aren't manually stripped from the results. currently i'm doing this myself however i now need this bug fixed at the source as there's a project where my kludge would take too long to implement.

i've searched the archives for this list and found some relevant messages which recommend that i update the source from the cvs. i've followed the instructions from your web site (i haven't played with cvs before) by :

cvs -d :pserver:anon-cvs AT freetds.internetcds.com:/Repository checkout freetds

however the problem still remains.

is anyone able to provide me with a patch that will resolve this problem?

thanks :)

systems administrator
vianet australia
http://www.vianet.net.au/~byron

  • freetds, perl, and terminating nulls, Byron Jones, 06/22/2000