freetds - Re: Urgent Help: DBD::Sybase/FreeTDS/MS-SQL7.0 error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Hal Snyder <hal AT vailsys.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Urgent Help: DBD::Sybase/FreeTDS/MS-SQL7.0 error
  • Date: 22 May 2000 19:44:44 -0500

"Guangbin Liu" <GLiu AT interland.com> writes:

> I tried to connect my MS SQL SQL 7.0 server using DBD::Sybase and
> FreeTDS from Linux (Redhat 6.1). But I always can't connect to SQL
> Server. The error message is "Unknown marker: 0!!", and the code
> following connect wasn't executed at all. What this error message
> means? Could you please review my code and help me connect to MS SQL
> Server? Your kind help will be highly appreciated!

We have several FreeBSD and OpenBSD systems successfully talking to
Sybase using freetds. One system, however, running FreeBSD-4.0,
Perl-5.005_03, DBI-1.13, DBD-Sybase-0.22, and freetds-0.50, has
exactly the problem you report.

The real puzzler is that we have another system running the same
version of all the above, including the same OS release, and it does
not have the problem. We have copied binaries for Perl and the rest of
the module stack from the working system to the non-working one,
duplicated the interfaces file, /etc/profile, and user's home
directories, and the problem persists.