freetds - Re: SIGSEGV in dblib.c/dbnumcols (PHP 3.0.16 --with -sybase)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Wylie Swanson <wswanson AT storerunner.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: SIGSEGV in dblib.c/dbnumcols (PHP 3.0.16 --with -sybase)
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 14:21:37 -0700

I am having a horrible time accessing a Microsoft SQL7 server with FreeTDS
(latest version) from Linux (1st; but planning on deploying Solaris and
Tru64). I will be using FreeTDS with both Perl and PHP4 RC2.

1) Is anyone successfully accessing MSSQL7 in this environment?
2) If so, using what combination of tools (ie. Sybperl, DBD:Sybase-0.28,
PHP4RC2)
3) Any suggestions?

I have also taken considerable efforts with ODBC-ODBC Bridge by EasySoft
(www.easysoft.com) and OpenLink Software's (http://www.openlinksw.com) to
satisfy my Unix->MSSQL requirements (for a small, but high profile project
that is falling behind timeline). I am new to this configuration but have
extensive experience with MySQL, mSQL and various Un*x, but not this damned
ODBC and MSSQL requirement.

Help appreciated.

PS: I plan on recording my successes (when I finally realize them) and
noting my failures (which I've had over the past 4 days now) providing both
documents to www.FreeTDS.org and www.php.net to assist others.

Best regards,

Wylie Swanson
CBS StoreRunner
www.storerunner.com

  • Re: SIGSEGV in dblib.c/dbnumcols (PHP 3.0.16 --with -sybase), Wylie Swanson, 05/18/2000