freetds - Bus Error & Symbol referencing errors, no output written to cttest

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Madhu" <madhusud AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Bus Error & Symbol referencing errors, no output written to cttest
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 0:7:55

I got tds compiled and running with sqsh thanks to earlier help about using
GNU make on solaris. But I am getting this bus error(core dumped) message
when I use sqsh to access a particular table. Other tables work fine, just
this table has problems, does anybody know what causes these bus errors and
how to get around it ?
I thought that the errors were due to freetds lib rather than sqsh so I
triend to compile the cttest in samples dir of freetds. Then I get these
symbol referencing errors from ld :

bash-2.03# make
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -DHW_BIG_ENDIAN -DTDS42
-DMSDBLIB -DDBMFIX -o cttest cttest.o -L/
usr/local/freetds/lib -lct -ltds
gcc -g -O2 -DHW_BIG_ENDIAN -DTDS42 -DMSDBLIB -DDBMFIX -o cttest cttest.o
-L/usr/local/freetds/lib -lct -ltds
Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
socket /usr/local/freetds/lib/libct.so
gethostbyname /usr/local/freetds/lib/libct.so
getservbyname /usr/local/freetds/lib/libct.so
inet_addr /usr/local/freetds/lib/libct.so
inet_ntoa /usr/local/freetds/lib/libct.so
connect /usr/local/freetds/lib/libct.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cttest
make: *** [cttest] Error 1

Would be of great help to know why I am getting these errors and how to
resolve them. Seems to be only a solaris bug since I use sqsh+freetds on my
linux client and everything works fine there, no bus errors either!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Madhu