freetds - Re: ISO-code translation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andreas Tille <tillea AT rki.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ISO-code translation
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:03:28 +0200 (CEST)

On 13 Apr 2000, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> OK, this one is a rather quick hack, I guess you should also be able
> to set the language or maybe other things.
>
> Using the appended patch and the getConnection(URL, Property) method
> in DriverManager it should be possible to set the charset. Just insert
> a key-value pair with key="charset" into the supplied Property
> instance.
>
> The default will remain "iso_1".
Sounds real nice! Thanks.

But I have just a small problem. I use

getConnection(URL, user, passwd);

It's not clear for me, which argument with which syntax I should call
the method. Could you please give an example.

Kind regards and thanks for the patch which will be included into
the Debian package if it works for me.

Kind regards

Andreas.