freetds - Re: Problem w/ DBD::Sybase 0.22 -- FIXED

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: shea AT llamacom.com
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Problem w/ DBD::Sybase 0.22 -- FIXED
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 12:38:57 -0500

re:

>>I'm using DBD::Sybase 0.22, along w/ the freetds drivers, to connect to an
>>MS SQL Server 7.0 database from a Linux machine. Everything is working
>>*great* except for the following. Executing the query shown below:

>>INSERT pending (username, firstname, lastname, company, [plan], billing,
>>billtype, address1, address2, city, state, zipcode, country, phone, email,
>>billtocompany, [server], domain, domaintype, ccnum, exp, name_on_card,
>>card_zip, [notes]) VALUES ('Test', 'First', 'Last', '', '1', '1', '1',
>>'Address', '', 'Ames', 'IA', '50014', '', '555', 'shea AT llamacom.com', '0',
>>'www3', '', 'new', '', '', '','', 'this is a very long test note to the
>>reader of this message with nothing important');

>>results in the message: Unknown marker: 0!!

>>on STDERR, and the program entering what appears to be an infinite loop,
>>without executing the query. If the string inserted as a value for the
>>otes field is <= 81 characters, or if said string is null, the query
>>executes fine. Any idea what could be causing this ?

I just managed to determine at least a work around for the solution, from
looking at similar problems posted to the list -- the problem appears to go
away if I set TDSVER to '42' --- everything appears to work fine now. Can
anyone out there point me towards somewhere that I can find out what, if any
functionality I lose by using 4.2 instead of 7.0 ?

-Shea Nangle
<shea AT llamacom.com>