freetds - Re: current CVS version won't connect to MSSQL 7

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: current CVS version won't connect to MSSQL 7
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 19:13:40 -0500 (EST)

I really can't say what state sybperl is in. Most of the development and
testing revolve around sqsh/php/dbd::sybase so many things have changed
since the last time I tested with sybperl.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Dave Blob wrote:

> Really? How much have you tested it? The reason I'm surprised is that the
> sybperl tests fail on the following:
>
> - a failed query: "select count(*) from systypes where"
> - My trivial debugging leads me to beleive this is because
> dbsqlexec returns true rather than reading the response packet and queueing
> it
dbsqlexec calls dbresults() which in turn calls
tds_process_result_tokens(), so at the protocol level we should know if it
worked or didn't before dbsqlexec() returns...I'll look into it more.

> - Message handlers
> - no debugging yet, but it simply isn't called in the test
again, should work...probably a small bug.

> - dbpoll
> - returns succeed, doesn't set reason.
dbpoll is not implemented.

> I would say the first two are critical pieces. As I noted before, I tried
> using sybperl anyhow, but to no avail - the sql function doesn't work,
> although the separate calls do - I haven't quite tracked that one down yet.
>
> Anyhow, all this isn't to be critical, I'd love to use this when it's
> working, and am stuck with using DBD::ODBC in the meantime. I just don't
> think it's fair to say it works great, when it's got a few things that are
> undone, and doesn't pass what are some pretty straightforward tests...
Have you tried using DBD::Sybase?