freetds - Picking up the freetds ODBC driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Seymour <kenaseymour AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Picking up the freetds ODBC driver
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:00:17 -0800 (PST)

I was looking at the ODBC driver in freetds and I
managed to get it working. In the process, I noticed
that the database parameters are hard-coded. Changing
these to be hard-coded for my Linux-based Sybase
installation made it work.

I am starting to implement the code needed to search
for the .odbc.ini file to get the parameters instead.
There is code that does similar things in iODBC and
the postgreSQL ODBC driver. Both of these are GPLed
and iODBC is LGPLed. I'm not sure if I can use
either of these without altering the license status
of freetds, so I am starting to write it from scratch.

If I do this, does anyone mind if I use GLIB for
strings?

Can you use GPLed source files in an LGPLed project
without removing the L for the project as a whole?

Is anyone else changing the ODBC driver code?